Historická radnica mesta Rožňava
The original town hall of Rožňava was located in the middle of the square next to the bell tower, but it was probably destroyed by fire in 1603. Today’s town hall with a facade in the Classicist style was built in 1711 thanks to the reconstruction of two burgher houses on the western side of the square. The City Council in this building made law decisions. Important meetings of city self-governing bodies and mayors were held here and binding decisions of the city council were taken. The town hall was thus the most important secular public building in the medieval city.

The triangular gable of the present town hall is decorated with the town symbol of Rožňava. Above the entrance to the town hall there is a memorial plaque, erected in honor of František Rákoczi II., who contributed to the flourishing of trade and industry in Rožňava.
At present, the premises of the town hall are used to organize various social events.
In the town hall there is also a picture gallery with a permanent exhibition of old photographs of Rožňava. You can visit it during the opening hours.