Thanks to many modifications, the Andrássy family turned Krásná Hôrka into a magnificent aristocratic residence. After 1770, they built a castle chapel with a classicist interior. A family tomb of the Andrássy family was established next to the chapel.
Since 1857, Krána Hôrka Castle has functioned as a museum. At that time, Count Juraj Andrássy established a family museum from the original equipment of the castle, from the preserved weapons and armaments in several rooms. The collections were opened to those interested in 1867. Hungarian doctors and naturalists, participants in the All-Mountain Congress in Košice, were the first to visit the museum in 1867. In several rooms, Count Dionýz Andrássy established the Františka Museum in honor of his wife Františka Hablawetz, where her personal belongings are exposed.
After the Second World War on the basis of the Decree of the President of the Republic no. 108/1945 the castle and the whole area were taken over by the Czechoslovak Republic. The confiscated property was managed by the National Cultural Commission for Slovakia. On February 27, 1961, Krásna Hôrka Castle was declared a national cultural monument. In March 2012, the castle burned down and it is currently under the reconstruction. It should be open to the public again in 2023.