One of the oldest houses on the main square in Rožňava dates back to the Gothic times – it was built in the 14th century. The classicist reconstruction of the main building probably took place around 1784. The facade is interesting with an illusory window, which is painted due to optical symmetry. In addition, the facade is decorated with more than 200-year-old late Baroque figural paintings depicting the Virgin Mary with Jesus in her hands, in the middle there is a torso of St. Michael, and on the left there is Christ and the Samaritan woman by the well.
It is located on the western side of the Miners’ Square. You can find the location of this monument on the map on the subpage Monuments.
Mural paintings were discovered while the facade was being repaired in the 1970s. Their origin dates back to the time when the building fell into the hands of the Catholic Church and served as a canonical house, later as a Roman Catholic parish.